Benefits and Coverage
|Accidental death or permanent total disablement
|Unprovoked murder and assault
|Medical reimbursement except motorcycling risk
|Medical reimbursement due to motorcycling risk
|Burial expense benefit
|Helmet crash replacement
Scope of Coverage
The insured person is covered 24 hours a day, anywhere in the world!
Definition of Benefits
Accidental Death: In the event of accidental death of the Insured within 180 days after the date of the accident, the Sum Assured will be paid to the Insured’s next of kin or legal representative upon receipt of Police Report, Death Certificate, and any document deemed necessary and required by the Company.
Permanent Total Disability: In the event that the Insured suffers an accidental Injury as hereinafter described, which results in the Total and Permanent Disablement of the covered person within 180 days of the accident, the Company agrees to pay the Insured the Principal Sum Insured provided the covered person satisfied the definition of Total Permanent Disablement which is complete inability to engage in or attend to employment or occupation of each and every kind for the remainder of the covered persons natural life.
Unprovoked Murder & Assault: This Policy extends to cover death or disablement caused by MURDER AND ASSAULT or any attempt thereat provided such murder and assault shall not have been provoked by the Insured and provided such murder and assault shall not have been occasioned by or shall not have happened due to war (whether declared or not), rebellion or insurrection. It is further declared and agreed that there will be no recovery under this Policy if MURDER AND ASSAULT or any attempt thereat should occur in any of the following places: Marawi City, Sulu Archipelago, Maguindanao, Basilan and Jolo.
Medical Reimbursement except Motorcycling Risk: When by reason of injury, and commencing within 26 weeks from the date of the accident, the Insured shall require treatment by a legally qualified physician or surgeon; confinement in a hospital; or the employment of a licensed graduate nurse; the Company will pay the actual, reasonable, customary and necessary medical expenses, hospital charges, ambulance charges and nurses fees, but not to exceed the aggregate amount payable stated in the Schedule of Benefit as a result of any one accident.
Medical Reimbursement due to Motorcycling Risk: When by reason of injury, and commencing within 26 weeks from the date of the accident, the Insured shall require treatment by a legally qualified physician or surgeon; confinement in a hospital; or the employment of a licensed graduate nurse; the Company will pay the actual, reasonable, customary and necessary medical expenses, hospital charges, ambulance charges and nurses fees, but not to exceed the aggregate amount payable stated in the Schedule of Benefit as a result of any one accident due to motorcycling. Provided, Insured while riding or operating any motorized two-wheeled vehicle shall not use such vehicle for any race, speed test, or exhibition or when the Insured is under the influence of liquor, narcotics or prohibited drugs.
Burial Expense Benefit: Upon receipt and approval of due proof of accidental death of the Insured, the Company shall pay up to a maximum benefit as stated in the schedule, in addition to the Principal Sum payable, to help defray the costs of casket, funeral service and burial or cremation services brought about by the accidental death of the Insured.
Exposure and Disappearance
Exposure: When by reason of bodily injury, an insured person is exposed to elements and, as a result of such exposure suffered death, such death shall be covered hereunder subject to the definitions and all other terms and conditions of the Policy.
Disappearance: In the event that the insured person disappears and, after three hundred sixty five (365) days, it is reasonable to believe that such insured has died as a result of bodily injury, the death benefit shall become payable subject to a signed undertaking that if the belief is subsequently found to be wrong, such death benefit shall be immediately refunded to the Company.
Eligibility: The persons eligible to participate in RYODAN PROTECT Accident Insurance are ages 18 to 65 years old; in good health, physical and mental condition, no infirmities of the sight or sense of hearing; no physical deformity or handicap such as absence of one or both hands, feet or eyes and is not declined for life insurance or any form of Personal Accident cover.
Subject to the following Warranties, Clauses & Endorsements:
- Motorcycling Risk Clause - This policy extends cover against death and/or disablement while the named insured is riding or operating any motorized two-wheeled vehicle (including, trisikad, motorcycle, tricycle and habal-habal) EXCEPT while such vehicle is being used for any race, speed test, or exhibition or when the Insured is under the influence of liquor, narcotics or prohibited drugs.
- Misstatement of Age - If the age of any Named Insured has been misstated, all amounts payable under this policy shall be such as the premium paid would have purchased at the correct age. In the event the age of the Named Insured has been misstated, and if according to the correct age of the Named Insured, the coverage provided by the policy would not have become effective, or would have ceased prior to the acceptance of such premiums, then the liability of the Company during the period the Named insured is not eligible for coverage shall be limited to the refund of all premiums paid for the period not covered by the policy.
The policy does not cover death, disablement or injuries occasioned by or happening through:
- Activities engaged in any duty pertaining to following occupations: Aviator, steward/ess, individual connected with the military and police, missionaries, miners and underground workers, individual involved in the manufacturing processing of nuclear materials and explosives, individual with constant contact with hazardous chemicals, individuals connected with politics, detective, bodyguards, bullfighters, divers, equestrians and jockeys, firemen, fishermen, fishing crew and any offshore activities/trainings, logging workers, circus workers, stuntmen, quarry workers, loggers, sawmill workers, racers, sailors, and window cleaners of a high rise buildings.
- Any Pre-existing conditions: Pre-existing conditions are illnesses or injury for which the person has been under the care of a physician and has received medical care or advice or a condition for which a reasonable person should have sought treatment.
- Hospital confinement: Rest cures, periodic check-ups, cosmetic or plastic surgery, any dental work, dental treatment or eye examination except as result of bodily injury, mental or nervous disorders.
- Pregnancy, childbirth and miscarriage, or any related conditions
- Whilst engaging in military duty
- Illegal acts or violations of the law
- Whilst the Insured takes part in bets, challenges, or brawls, save in the case of legitimate defense or necessity
- Police Report (If applicable)
- Accident or Incident Report/Assured’s or Its Representative’s Affidavit or Statement declaring:
- Circumstances of the loss
- Extent of loss
- Any other information relative to the loss
In case of bodily injury
- Original medical certificate
- Original receipts of medicines and prescriptions/hospital bills
- Marriage contract (If incapacitated)
- Birth certificate (If minor)
In case of death claim
- Death certificate
- Original funeral receipts
- Original medical certificate (If hospitalized)
- Birth certificate (If minor)
- Marriage certificate (if married)
And any other document deemed necessary by Standard Insurance.